UK Entry Clearance Inspection Reports / Immigration Inspection Reports

What is a Property Inspection Report?

Property inspection reports are also known as:

  • Immigration Inspection Reports
  • UK Entry Clearance Report
  • UKBA Property Inspection Reports

A property inspection report is a document required by the UKBA (UK Border Agency) to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that you have obtained an independent assessment of the proposed accommodation.

  • A property inspection report is required for all applications leading to/for the purposes of settlement, these are:
  • Spouses and civil partners;
  • Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partner;
  • Unmarried and same-sex partners;
  • Children;
  • Parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives.

The link to the UKBA website for supporting documents required for all settlement applicants can be found by clicking here.


What are the contents of the report?

The property is assessed by a qualified surveyor who will inspect the property to ascertain:

1) If the property is not statutorily overcrowded under Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and has sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and any additional people who propose to live there, and;

2) The property will be inspected and risk assessed for Category 1 and 2 Hazards to ensure that the accommodation complies with the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the provisions of Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004 (i.e. it will not contravene public health regulations).

Essentially the property needs to be safe, in a good state of repair and doesn't pose a health and safety risk.

The property should have adequate kitchen and bathroom facilities. The property needs to be owned or occupied exclusively by the sponsor / sponsor's family.  

The property will need to have a copy of a current gas safety certificate (your landlord should provide a copy to you every 12 months).

The property will be assessed and measured if needed to ascertain where there are a sufficient number of rooms of adequate sizes available for the sponsor and applicant(s).


What information will be needed for the report?

To apply for an inspection you should have the information:

• Sponsor (yourself) address, date of birth, passport Number and contact details;

• The person(s) entering the UK (applicant(s) including name, date of birth, Passport Number, relationship to the sponsor and current address;

• Information regarding the property they intend to live in, including full address. If rented a copy of the tenancy agreement, gas safety certificate and a copy of a Utility/Council Tax bill.


What are the costs of the report?

Costs for a report depend on the level of service you require as we provide a 5 day, 3 day and 24Hr Service. We offer evening and weekend appointments; we are extremely flexible and can fit our inspection around you.

The cost will also depend on the location and size of the property to be inspected so please contact us for a personalised quote.


What areas do you cover?

Due to high demand we are now pleased to provide our services for the whole of the UK.

The Counties we cover on a regular basis are:

Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Greater London, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, London, Leicestershire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex and Warwickshire.


What qualifications do you require to undertake the inspection?

Unlike some of our competitors we are fully qualified in Chartered Institute of Housing, Health & Housing Safety Rating System (HHSRS), Construction & Civil Engineering and Fire Safety.

We are fully CRB checked and will provide you with identification upon our visit.

We provide reports for many solicitors, and have been providing reports for over 10 years with a 100% success rate.   We are specialists in surveying residential accommodation.





How quickly can you provide the report?

We offer a 24hr inspection service, which includes a same day 1st Class special delivery postage service. This is very popular with our customers that need a report urgently.

How long is a report valid for?

It is valid for 3 months from the date of inspection.  The report is only valid for that property and is non-transferable.

How long will the inspection take?

It depends on the size of the property and number of occupants. Inspections will generally take 1 hour.

How can I make payment?

We accept Paypal, BACS or Cash. You will be provided with a receipt with your report.

Does it matter what Nationality we are?

No, we are able to provide reports for all Visa Applications and have posted reports to various countries around the world when requested to.

We are pleased to offer an interpreter service if English isn’t your first language!

Why should I choose rather than someone else?

Unfortunately there are other companies offering this service that are simply not qualified to undertake these inspections. Customers have come to us as their applications have been declined, as the UKBA Entry Clearance Officer has not been satisfied. Feel free to ask us about our qualifications and experience.

We have a 100% success rate with our reports and have been providing fully detailed reports for over 10 years.